Students must complete a summative exercise at the end of their program which takes the form of a master’s thesis, a major paper, or a paper/project.
The Religion program of Claremont School of Theology is informed by the history of Christian reflection and practice, by deep and open dialogue between religious traditions, and by the quest to understand and respond constructively to the contemporary world.
It presupposes the need for scholars and religious leaders who are able to positively engage the needs of the world through an understanding of past traditions, present dialogue, and a continuing quest for understanding and wisdom.
The Master of Arts curriculum combines training in academic content and methods, in the research skills appropriate to the study of religion and the various theological disciplines, and in the knowledge and sensitivity necessary for teachers and ministers to engage in dialogue across cultures and religions.
All graduates are expected to acquire both breadth and depth of preparation in relation to their overall degree objectives. Breadth is established by taking a wide range of survey courses in the theological disciplines. Depth is probed in the final summative exercise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Practices of Spiritual Care
- Interreligious Dialogue and Leadership
- History of World Christianities
- Christian Ethics
- The Hebrew Bible in Context: An Introduction
- The New Testament in Context: An Introduction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 568 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Application Fee ($50)
- Personal Statement (Approximately 1000 words)
- Your personal statement should address: your reasons for a pursuit of graduate theological study, your desire to study at Claremont School of Theology, your intended use of the degree in meeting future goals
- Official sealed transcripts from all institutions attended after high school
- Letters of Recommendation – 3 total
- English Proficiency Documentation - required for all applicants for whom English is a second language. Either official TOEFL or official IELTS scores will be accepted.
International26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Claremont
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.