Culminating with a Master’s Thesis, the Religious Studies program of the Chicago Theological Seminary allows you to focus theological study in an area of personal interest. This is an appropriate degree if you are preparing for further study at the doctoral level; seeking advanced theological study as a foundation for service; or simply wish to study theology and religion without the aim of entering professional ministry.
- MA graduates will have acquired foundational knowledge of and the capacity to interpret and communicate religious traditions.
- MA graduates will be able to think critically about religious traditions.
- MA graduates will be able to complete graduate level academic research in religious studies.
- Islamic Studies: This concentration, offered in agreement with Bayan at CTS, is designed to offer a specialized course of study for persons who wish to explore Islamic thought and practices. Students who choose to concentrate in Islamic Studies may take courses toward the concentration either at CTS, Bayan at CTS, or via pre-approved courses at other Association of Theological Schools (ACTS) seminaries.
- Interreligious Studies: This concentration is designed to offer a specialized course of study for persons who wish to explore issues in Interreligious Engagement and the study of diverse religious traditions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 260 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions attended.
- Four letters of reference – at least two must be academic, one may come from a pastor or other ministry professional, and one may come from a supervisor or friend.
- Written materials, including an autobiographical statement, as directed for each degree program.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are required of applicants for whom English is not a first language. The exam must be completed no more than two years prior to application. The TOEFL may only be waived if the applicant has completed another degree, in English, in the US.
International38520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38520 USD per year during 24 months.
National38520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38520 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.