The Divinity program at the Calvin Theological Seminary combines foundational study in the biblical and Reformed theological texts, Church history, and ancient languages with practical preparation and spiritual formation to make you an effective steward of the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ. Its comprehensive nature is intentional; this profound program is rich in preparation to launch or enhance your work in ministry.
Through the MDiv program students grow in knowledge of themselves, their relationship with others, and their relationship with God. This happens through courses, Formation Groups (with other students and a mentor), assessment tools, and the experiential learning you will receive by partnering with the Vocational Formation Office.
- In addition to their classroom work, Master of Divinity students work closely with the Vocational Formation Office and be placed in a contextual learning context, in order to enrich their studies and provide them on-the-ground experience.
- These placements, which are based on the students ministry and vocational interests, are assigned early in a student’s program, often within the first year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Church in Historical Context
- Greek Fundamentals
- Introduction to Missional Ministry
- Christian Theology in Reformed Confessions
- Biblical Hebrew
- Preaching Theory and Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 592 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Typically a bachelors degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution and have a grade point average of 2.67 (B-) or higher is required. Due to special circumstances, an applicant without a bachelor's degree may be considered, as is allowed by the Association of Theological Schools.
- A strong liberal arts education provides an excellent foundation for graduate level theological education. A liberal arts education shapes well-rounded, intellectually and culturally astute graduates.
- Therefore, it is recommended that a candidate’s baccalaureate preparation consist of courses in the liberal arts, including English, philosophy, history, literature, social science and natural science.
International514 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 514 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National514 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 514 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.