Our students become creative thinkers and skilled makers in an inter-disciplinary educational environment, which provides the critical knowledge and expertise to re-imagine new contexts that challenge traditional structures and assumptions guiding art and design practice.
The Master of Art and Design at North Carolina State University promotes the highest level of research, resulting in proven innovation that informs emerging media platforms and product development.
The program encourages graduate students to:
- apply design thinking and innovative technologies in new directions through research
- creative production
Graduate students are also expected to create, present and interpret their work with the intellectual expertise and refined skills required to become leaders in their professional field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visualizing Narratives
- Storytelling through films
- Dynamic Data
- Special Effects
- Documentary films
- Sequential imaging
- Seminar in Animation
- Digital Modeling
- Coding for designers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Interior Design View 371 other Masters in Design in United States
- Personal Statement stating career objectives, prior experience, intention of graduate study, and their relevance to the selected program at NC State University.
- A portfolio of work as per the requirements of your desired discipline.
- Uploaded unofficial transcripts for each institution attended (official transcripts will be required if admitted).
- Three uploaded letters of recommendation from people who know your academic record.
- GRE scores for any student whose first degree was not completed in selected major (GRE institution code for NC State is 5496).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students only (TOEFL institution code for NC State is 5496).
- Personal resume
International28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National28998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28998 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11672 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.