The Educational Psychology Program at The University of New Mexico is designed to provide students with:
- a strong research orientation and a solid understanding of and ability to use a variety of research methodologies; and
- a critical and scholarly approach to evaluating research, theory, and practice.
The program faculty are committed to help students develop the ability to apply this knowledge and these skills to the understanding, development, and evaluation of learning and instructional practices in a variety of contexts. Our goal is to help students develop an understanding of the role of individual and group differences as they affect learning and instruction.
The program in Educational Psychology provides:
- A research-based curriculum covering basic concepts and theories in psychology as they relate to learning and instruction. Included are cognition, human development, learning, motivation, measurement,assessment, evaluation, and applications to education policy and practice.
- An integrated sequence of courses and other learning experiences that will insure the development of a clear basis for understanding the links among teaching, learning, and assessment, including the role of various individual difference and group factors on these processes.
- A rigorous training sequence in educational statistics and research methodologies that will allow graduates to evaluate and conduct educational research in a variety of contexts.
- A variety of opportunities, such as teaching assistantships and internships, that will prepare doctoral students for their future professional endeavors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Human Development
- Principles of Classroom Learning
- Survey of Research Methods in Education
- Classroom Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Psychology View 260 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Complete online application
- One official transcript of all prior undergraduate and graduate course work
- A letter of intent
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Official score transcripts for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or MAT
- A sample of written work for students seeking the PhD or combined MA/PhD
International967 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 967 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National286 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 286 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.