The Earth and Planetary Sciences degree at The University of New Mexico is on training well-rounded students in the laboratory, classroom, and field. Financial support is available in the form of Teaching Assistantships, Research Assistantships, and Fellowships. All awards are made on a competitive basis. Our web site (http://epswww.unm.edu) contains information about our department including faculty, research programs, ongoing research, and laboratory facilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Geology
- Supportive Science/Mathematics
- Fine Arts
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- General Physics
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 128 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country.
- Generally, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field.
- Must indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications.
- In most departments, the minimum undergraduate prerequisite is 12 semester hours of upper division course work (300-level courses or higher) in the major field to which the student is applying, or in cognate areas.
International1027 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1027 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1027 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1027 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State329 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 329 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.