Asbury Theological Seminary Marriage and Family Counseling degree integrates a biblical and theological foundation for relationships with an understanding of historical and contemporary theory in order to meet academic and professional standards.
The Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling meets academic requirements for eligibility as a licensed marriage and family counselor for many states.
As you complete your degree, you’ll be able to
- Master clinical skills in individual and systemic therapeutic models at an accomplished level, including an ability to articulate the theoretical foundations for these skills.
- Practice professional behavior that maintains appropriate boundaries, conforms to ethical standards and reflects respect and sensitivity for persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Practice theological and theoretical integration that is demonstrated in both theories and a mature, biblically grounded understanding of God and persons.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Missional Formation
- Biblical Narrative
- Counseling and Christian Beliefs
- Family Systems Theory
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Dynamics of Human Sexuality
- Couples Counseling Theory and Interventions
- The Counseling Relationship: Process and Skills
- Psychopathology: Theory and Assessments
- Assessment Inventories in Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling View 889 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application (online at asbury.to/apply)
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- 2.75/4.0 GPA*
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal hostory essay (online)
- Four references (1 pastoral, 1 academic and 2 professional/peer references)
International650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.