Equip yourself to answer your call to ministry wherever God calls you through a focused study of scripture, theology, history and spiritual practices within the Wesleyan tradition. As you study the classical texts from the early Church to the present, you’ll not only be grounded in the historic content of the Gospel, but also learn how to integrate your theology into your daily life.
This Theological Studies - Spiritual Formation degree at Asbury Theological Seminary prepares you in the practical Christian disciplines needed for teaching in congregations, para-church organizations, Christian institutions or for pursuing a postgraduate degree.
Upon completing your degree you’ll demonstrate a fresh understanding of the essential content, historical development and philosophical and ethical dimensions of Christian theology. Your theological degree won’t be theory only. You’ll be able to apply those concepts to contemporary issues in Christian life and ministry.
As you complete your degree, you’ll be able to
- Cultivate holy love of God and neighbor through both knowledge and practice in the Christian disciplines of service and grace.
- Understand the essential content, historical development, and philosophical and ethical dimensions of Christian theology.
- Understand the scriptural basis, historical development, and contemporary relevance of the Wesleyan theological perspective.
- Relate Christian theology, history, philosophy, and ethics to contemporary issues and Christian ministry.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Vocation of Ministry
- Church History—One
- Christian Ethics
- Missional Formation
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Theology of John Wesley
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 347 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- The M.A. [BS] program requires a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal history essay (1050-1500 words) 350-500 words per question.
- Four references completed on the Admissions Office form at asburyseminary.edu, including a pastoral reference (required) and a professor or academic administrator reference (recommended). Laity or personal acquaintances are accepted.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Background Check
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
International20760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Willow Street
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.