This unique program in Genetic Counseling from the University of Pittsburgh is constantly evolving to ensure the continued success of graduates entering a dynamic workforce. Each year between 10 and 12 students are welcomed into the incoming class to be trained by world-renowned faculty.
The genetic counseling program is grounded in three important elements: scientific training in human genetics and genomics, comprehensive clinical experience, and understanding the psychological and social aspects of counseling—with an added focus on integrating up to the minute discoveries in genetics and genomics as well as valuable concepts from other academic disciplines.
- Our graduates will be leaders at the center of health care in a future where every health decision will be influenced by genomic information.
- We deliver boundary-spanning education for future genetic counseling professionals in genomics, public health, business and policy and through immersion in diverse health care and research settings.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Bioinformatic Resources For Geneticists
- Scientific Writing In Human Genetics
- Special Studies
- Human Population Genetics
- Human Genetics Seminar
- Special Studies Human Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPublic Health Genetics View 169 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Applications for admission to the Department of Human Genetics are processed through the Office of Student Affairs at Pitt Public Health.
- You must apply for the MS human genetics, MPH, and PhD programs through SOPHAS, the centralized application service for graduate schools of public health.
- Applications for the MS in Genetic Counseling Program and MS in Genetic Counseling/MPH in Public Health Genetics dual degree program must be submitted through SOPHAS Express.
- Please note, SOPHAS submits applications to Pitt Public Health only after all required materials are received. Applicants who have submitted applications may track their status online.
International24666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24666 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24666 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13198 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.