This unique program in Genetic Counseling from the University of Pittsburgh is constantly evolving to ensure the continued success of graduates entering a dynamic workforce. Each year between 10 and 12 students are welcomed into the incoming class to be trained by world-renowned faculty.
The genetic counseling program is grounded in three important elements: scientific training in human genetics and genomics, comprehensive clinical experience, and understanding the psychological and social aspects of counseling—with an added focus on integrating up to the minute discoveries in genetics and genomics as well as valuable concepts from other academic disciplines.
- Our graduates will be leaders at the center of health care in a future where every health decision will be influenced by genomic information.
- We deliver boundary-spanning education for future genetic counseling professionals in genomics, public health, business and policy and through immersion in diverse health care and research settings.
- Bioinformatic Resources For Geneticists
- Scientific Writing In Human Genetics
- Special Studies
- Human Population Genetics
- Human Genetics Seminar
- Special Studies Human Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Genetics View 1592 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Applications for admission to the Department of Human Genetics are processed through the Office of Student Affairs at Pitt Public Health.
- You must apply for the MS human genetics, MPH, and PhD programs through SOPHAS, the centralized application service for graduate schools of public health.
- Applications for the MS in Genetic Counseling Program and MS in Genetic Counseling/MPH in Public Health Genetics dual degree program must be submitted through SOPHAS Express.
- Please note, SOPHAS submits applications to Pitt Public Health only after all required materials are received. Applicants who have submitted applications may track their status online.
International49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
National49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.