For those who hold a professional health degree or a related doctoral degree, the department offers a 30 credit condensed MS program. We offer a master degree in Epidemiology at the University of Pittsburgh.
Due to the wide range of ongoing faculty research within the department, students have the ability to select an area of emphasis to study and to conduct research under the mentorship of an epidemiology faculty member. A few of the areas include: aging, cancer, clinical trials, global health, lifestyle intervention, and women's health.
Recent graduates hold positions with the following:
- research assistant positions at state, county, and local health departments
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institutes of Health, including National Cancer Institute and National Institute on Aging
- pharmaceutical companies
- medical and dental school
- PhD programs in epidemiology or biostatistics
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Pathophysiology Across The Life Span
- Population Neuroscience Seminar
- Multimodal Neuroimaging And Applications In Population Neuroscience
- Principles Of Epidemiology
- Behavioral Lifestyle Intervention Training - Theory Of Prevention Efforts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Epidemiology View 1522 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Applications for admission to the Department of Epidemiology are processed through the office of student affairs at Pitt Public Health.
- Student affairs staff members can answer most questions related to the admissions process, and the epidemiology student services staff can provide information regarding departmental operational policies, resources, and requirements.
- You must apply for the MPH, MS and PhD programs through SOPHAS, the centralized application service for graduate schools of public health.
- Please note, SOPHAS submits applications to Pitt Public Health only after all required materials are received. Applicants who have submitted applications may track their status online.
International49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
National49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.