Public health is a field for people who care about the greater good of human beings. At the University of Pittsburgh we offer a master degree in Epidemiology.
If that sounds self-important, consider this: Millions of people are alive today thanks to a handful of public health initiatives, such as vaccination programs, motor vehicle safety laws, restrictions on the use of tobacco, family planning, and clean air and water standards.
The field of public health is constantly evolving in response to the needs of communities and populations around the world. The underlying mission of public health is to improve the conditions and behaviors that affect health so that all people can attain it. That mission includes not only the practice of public health policy, but the research of public health issues and the education of future leaders who eventually will translate that research into practices and policies to improve the health of people regionally, nationally, and globally.
Recent graduates hold positions with the following:
- research assistant positions at state, county, and local health departments
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institutes of Health, including National Cancer Institute and National Institute on Aging
- pharmaceutical companies
- medical and dental school
- PhD programs in epidemiology or biostatistics
More informationVisit official programme website
- Pathology Across the Life Span
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Independent Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 803 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- All applicants must have mathematical preparation appropriate for entrance into Principles of Statistical Reasoning, through either previous collegiate coursework or advanced placement coursework reflected on the college transcript.
- An ETS administered advanced placement test score of three or higher in calculus or a GRE quantitative score at or above the 70th percentile is also evidence of acceptable preparation.
- MHA, MPH, and certificate applicants must have six college credits in behavioral and social sciences (with a C or better).
International46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State27590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.