About this Degree at James Madison University
Preparation for college student personnel careers involves participation in learning experiences designed to provide an understanding of the college student, counseling theories, various collegiate subcultures and the nature of higher education as an institution in the United States. The College Student Personnel Administration program's link with counseling psychology provides opportunities for personal growth and the development of interpersonal relationship skills.
After successful completion of this program, students are awarded the M.Ed. in Counselor Education with a concentration in CSPA.
- American Higher Education
- Student Personnel Services
- The American College Student
- Multiculturealism, Diversity and Difference: Theory, Research and Practice in Student Affairs
- Organization and Administration of Student Services
- Supervision and Consultation Processes in Student Personnel
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 993 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Personal statement - limit of 250 words per question
- What significant personal or professional experiences influenced you to pursue the student affairs profession?
- What personal characteristics do you possess which will contribute to your success as a student affairs administrator?
- What specific skills or attributes are you looking to improve/enhance by participating in the JMU CSPA program?
- What aspects of the JMU CSPA program will assist/facilitate your ability to meet your career/professional goals?
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one recommendation should come from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's abilities)
International21312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 466 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Harrisonburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.