In addition to foundational knowledge you can apply in any setting, you’ll take specialized courses in your preferred concentration: Mild Intervention or Intense Intervention.
- If you seek a teaching license, this program prepares you for initial Indiana licensure in Mild Intervention or Intense Intervention for Early Childhood (P–3), Elementary (K–6), Secondary (5–12), or P–12.
- If you’re already licensed, this program can enhance your existing skill set and prepare you for career advancement.
- If you don’t seek a teaching license, this program can help you excel as a special-needs teacher and trainer in non-school settings.
Plus, a Special Education M.S.Ed. from the University of Saint Francis puts a premium on quality and affordability. For less than $20,000, you can complete a special education program with full National Recognition by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
Professional Licensure Disclosures
- All education and special education licensure programs at USF meet requirements for Indiana state licensure.
- If you desire a license from a state other than Indiana, please contact the State Department of Education for that state for clarification on obtaining licensure.
- Relocating to another state during the course of a program could impact whether or not you meet that state’s requirements. Please contact the appropriate licensing agency for professional licensure eligibility requirements.
- USF students enrolled in teacher education programs are being prepared to test for the Indiana teaching licensure exam. However, students are not required to sit for the Indiana licensure exam to earn the degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment Topics
- Clinical Internship*
- Clinical Practicum*
- Collaborative Models of Behavior Management
- Foundations in Exceptionalities
- Language and Social Skills Topics
- Literacy Topics
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Research Topics
- Technology Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 165 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Present a willingness to develop a non-judgmental attitude and awareness of need to refer counselees who are outside the applicant’s range of competence.
- Indicate sufficient emotional maturity and stability needed to complete the rigors of graduate study, as well as maintain ethical practice regarding counselee welfare
- Have a minimum of nine hours undergraduate coursework in Psychology
- An application
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A concise, typed, two-page statement of professional goals, including why the applicant wants to be a licensed counselor
International525 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 24 months.
National525 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.