During the two years in the M.A. program in History from the University of Pittsburgh students receive a graduate-level introduction to history as an academic discipline as well as methodological training in the craft of research and academic writing. Apart from this, they build their expertise in a regional field (Europe, United States, Asia, Latin America) while at the same exploring transnational/thematic history across regions in our transnational field seminars.
The culminating work of the M.A. program is the completion of a journal-article length work of original research, which should be of potentially publishable quality and significance. All candidates for the M.A. degree must demonstrate competency in a foreign language before sitting for the M.A. examination.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Women, Gender, and Black Internationalism
- Historical Methods and Approaches
- International Social Movements
- Transnational Labor History of the Americas
- History of Sexuality
- Approaches to Asian History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 492 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply, prospective students must submit an electronic application. For details, please see the application instructions.
- About one week after the submission of the application, you can begin checking the status of your application via the applyyourself application system.
- Due to the high volume of applications, please refrain from calling or emailing regarding the status of your application. Admissions statistics are available.
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.