The Theological and Cultural Anthropology program at Eastern University provides a set of core classes in the best anthropology and theology, and can be tailored to students' interests, with electives in education, business, biblical studies, theology, ethics, missiology, leadership, linguistics, spiritual formation, and more.
- A faith-based approach to anthropology: Drawing on both theological and scientific anthropologies, students are prepared to understand people and cultures in a holistic perspective, including the spiritual aspect.
- Excellence in academic study: The primary theories and concepts in anthropology, as articulated by the most renowned anthropologists, are critically examined and put into dialogue with excellent theological thinking.
- Practical application: Cross-cultural study is uniquely relevant to the modern globalized world. A wide variety of organizations, from the church to business and government, appreciate the value added by a trained anthropologist. The combination of theology and anthropology is especially valued by Christian agencies.
- Preparation for doctoral programs in anthropology: Many doctoral programs prefer a previously earned master’s degree. They may also wish to see a sample of writing, such as a thesis, as part of their application process. This program includes the writing of a master’s thesis under the careful instruction of a mentor.
- Integrated Anthropological Theory
- Theology of Culture
- Epistemological Insights for Anthropological Practice
- Faith-Based Ethnographic Methods
- On Knowing Humanity Colloquium
- Thesis in Theological and Cultural Anthropology
- 12 months
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAnthropology Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 47 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- You must have a bachelor’s degree from an institutionally accredited and endorsed by CHEA institution with an overall grade-point average of 2.5 or better.
- One class in the Introduction to Cultural Anthropology is required, with a grade of C or better. Candidates lacking the introductory course may take it online through Eastern University in the summer before enrolling.
- Application: Completed and signed
- Two Recommendations: One professional and one academic.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate institution you have attended.
- Current Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Faith Statement
International17853 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 541 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17853 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 541 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.