What Can I Do With a Master's in Criminology from Saint Vincent College? In addition to serving as a gateway to a doctoral degree, a Master’s degree is also a highly desired credential in the field as it is often a key to advancement to the managerial level of a criminal justice agency.
It can open the door to a variety of opportunities in federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, juvenile counseling, probation and parole services, the study of law, and criminology-based research endeavors while preparing people for careers in all areas of the Criminal Justice System.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will critique and evaluate the various components of the criminal justice system.
- Students will identify career goals and pathways to evaluate, enhance, and improve the criminal justice system using evidence-based approaches.
- Students will further understand, analyze, appraise, and evaluate, both written and orally, a variety of criminology-based theories and their application in terms of logical consistency, scope, parsimony, and spuriousness and their relationship to public policy and issues in criminology.
- Students will integrate and apply analytical skills and substantive knowledge to specific problems in criminology.
- Students will highlight the role of diversity and the human experience in the application and study of criminology and criminology–related policies.
- Students will critically evaluate, synthesize, and analyze informational sources about criminal law, policing, corrections, research and social justice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Policy Analysis
- Advanced Criminological Theories
- Criminal Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminology View 165 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Complete graduate application.
- Complete and Supplemental Application (under Tools section).
- Posses an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts* must be submitted from each institution attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement of 500 words or less describing the applicant's experience and why he or she wishes to pursue this degree.
- TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT and 6.5 on the IELTS or higher is required for applicants.
- Any additional program specific requirements.
International678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National678 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 678 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.