The Master of Science in Psychology at Mercy College New York is designed to extend your knowledge of psychology in general, as well as to provide specific experiences in psychology graduate education to fit your individual interests. Both clinical and research opportunities exist within the program. Required coursework surveys all aspect of advanced psychological study, including theory, history, ethics, methodology and clinical practice, and prepares the student both for employment requiring psychological study as well as eventual doctoral study.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Compare theoretical approaches in psychology
- Identify brain/behavior relationships
- Assess psychological profiles using standard diagnostic practices (DSM)
- Exhibit knowledge of research design and methodology in an independent research project
- Demonstrate clinical skills required in the counseling profession
- Conduct group therapy sessions
- Assess crucial issues in the ethics of research and clinical practice
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemp Theories in Psych
- Physiological Psychology
- Statstcs & Rsrch Methdlgy I
- Statstcs & Rsrch Methdlgy II
- Group Experience
- Professional Issues and Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis except for a few graduate programs.
DisciplinesPsychology View 899 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Graduate Registration Fees
- 12 credits or more : $310/term
- Less than 12 credits: $155/term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.