The Master of Science in Psychology at Mercy College New York is designed to extend your knowledge of psychology in general, as well as to provide specific experiences in psychology graduate education to fit your individual interests. Both clinical and research opportunities exist within the program. Required coursework surveys all aspect of advanced psychological study, including theory, history, ethics, methodology and clinical practice, and prepares the student both for employment requiring psychological study as well as eventual doctoral study.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Compare theoretical approaches in psychology
- Identify brain/behavior relationships
- Assess psychological profiles using standard diagnostic practices (DSM)
- Exhibit knowledge of research design and methodology in an independent research project
- Demonstrate clinical skills required in the counseling profession
- Conduct group therapy sessions
- Assess crucial issues in the ethics of research and clinical practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemp Theories in Psych
- Physiological Psychology
- Statstcs & Rsrch Methdlgy I
- Statstcs & Rsrch Methdlgy II
- Group Experience
- Professional Issues and Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 926 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International927 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 927 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National927 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 927 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.