Like you, we believe that all students, no matter their challenges or special needs, have value and promise. We believe that the right teacher can make every student’s life better.
- When you join Point Loma Nazarene University’s Master of Arts in Special Education program, you will challenge yourself to be more effective in serving students with special needs.
- Everyone you encounter here will share that goal with you, from your admissions counselor to your professors. Rest assured, PLNU’s School of Education will take a personal interest in you and care about your concerns, experience, beliefs, and goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Methods of Teaching Students with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Methods of Teaching Students with Other Health Impairments
- Individualized Programs and Supports for Students with Deaf-Blindness
- Advanced Special Education Assessment and Analysis of Behavior
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 728 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Submit an online application for admissions (including $50 non-refundable application fee, which is waived for PLNU alums, current or former military and their dependents, and PLNU employees).
- Submit official transcripts with proof of earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit a personal essay, 2-3.
- Provide two professional recommendations. You will be asked to register your recommenders by providing their names, titles, and email addresses.
- For credential seekers only: Submit basic skills exam (CBEST or equivalent) scores. This can be demonstrated by taking the CBEST exam.
International11880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 USD per credit during 24 months.
San Diego : $660/unit
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.