For students who are interested in earning their master's degree in education, but who do not need New York teaching certification, the Master of Science in Educational Studies at Mercy College New York offers three tracks:
- Early Education
- Secondary Education
Many charter or private schools require a master's degree only - check with your local administrator to determine if your school requires certification.
The program meets the needs of Distance Learning students outside of New York State and students interested in careers in education, but not in teaching public school.
Examples of such careers include:
- early childhood administration
- children's museum directors
- summer camps and youth sports leaders
- not-for-profit organizations
- charter school management or professional development services.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Edu Fnd Diverse Perspectives
- Fndtns Educ Sdnts w/Dsblts
- Ed Evl/Assmt ECldhd-Adol&Dsabl
- Intr Erl Chld Ed:Fndtn/Meth/Mt
- Wrk w/Prnts/Famls Erl Chld-Chl
- Lang Arts Cldhd/ ECldhd Educ
- Soc Studies Cldhd/ECldhd Edu
- Math Cldhd/ECldhd Educ
- Science Cldhd/ECldhd Educ
- Ad Mth Tch Lang/SS Chld/EChld
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis except for a few graduate programs.
DisciplinesEducation View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
Mercy College takes a holistic approach when considering each student for admittance. We
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Graduate Registration Fees
- 12 credits or more : $310/term
- Less than 12 credits: $155/term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.