Placement in the initial or Childhood Education, Grade 1-6 program at Mercy College New York is determined by a candidate's undergraduate preparation and teaching experience. The Advanced Teacher program is open to teacher education candidates who are currently working as teachers of record in private, parochial or charter schools and are seeking both a graduate degree and initial certification or those who were certified at the undergraduate level.
- Graduates of the Childhood Education, Grades 1-6 program may obtain teaching positions in Grades 1 through 6.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Educational Foundations from Diverse Perspectives
- Fndtns Educ Sdnts w/Dsblts
- Tchng English as 2nd Lang
- Ed Evl/Assmt ECldhd-Adol&Dsabl
- Aprchs Lit: EChldhd-Adolescenc
- Wrk w/Prnts/Famls Erl Chld-Chl
- Lang Arts Cldhd/ ECldhd Educ
- Soc Studies Cldhd/ECldhd Edu
- Math Cldhd/ECldhd Educ
- Science Cldhd/ECldhd Educ
- Assess/Crct Lit Prb EChld/Chl
- Student Teaching Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3564 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International927 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 927 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National927 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 927 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.