The Art MFA program offered at University of Southern California is designed to maximize each student's individual studio experience, and its instructional model is focused on critical dialogue as provided by regular studio visits with faculty and guest artists and scholars, and group critiques with student peers.
Students also take courses with USC Roski's renowned Critical Studies faculty that emphasize tracing intellectual and artistic histories, understanding the complexities of theories applied to the visual arts, and addressing global art practices. Program electives provide a broader platform for experimentation, and encourage students to explore the expansive possibilities for complementary fields of research at one of the world's leading research universities.
This curricular depth coupled with USC Roski's intellectual and artistic reach, its position on the Pacific Rim and in one of the world's major arts capitals, and its ability to provide a vast array of cross- and interdisciplinary opportunities for its students offers an unparalleled environment for advanced study and practice.
- The ability to engage in interdisciplinary and wide ranging experimental, creative, and intellectual exploration leading to the making of art at the highest levels
- Advanced creative and theoretical foundations
- The ability to trace intellectual and artistic histories, to understand the complexities of theories applied to the visual arts, and to address global art practices
- Through program electives, a broad platform for experimentation and for exploring the expansive possibilities for complementary fields of research and other modes of enriching their art practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visiting Artist/Scholar Seminar
- Individual Studies
- History and Theory of Art and Exhibitions
- Making and Curating Art: Pedagogy and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 347 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A complete USC Graduate Application;
- Three (3) letters of recommendation;
- Official transcripts (also referred to as "academic records") from ALL post-secondary schools attended;
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.