To receive the Post-Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner, students must successfully complete up to 46 credit hours of family nurse practitioner coursework, including all clinical courses plus Advanced Pathophysiology, Advanced Pharmacology, and Advanced Physical Assessment if not already taken at the graduate level.
An individualized plan of study is developed based on the student’s earned master’s degree.
The University of North Georgia offers degree programs that meet the educational requirements students need to apply for professional licensure and certifications in Georgia. The programs may not meet education requirements for licensure or certification in other states.
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Administration Health Sciences View 1934 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from a regionally accredited institution with a nationally accredited school of nursing.
- One year of post-licensure clinical work experience in the United States is preferred.
- Current unencumbered Georgia registered nurse license.
- Required Supplemental Documentation
- FNP supplemental application formnew window (included in online application; separate form if downloading paper application).
- Professional Resume.
- If accepted, the following documents must be received prior to the first day of the initial semester. Students who have not submitted all of the following prior to the first day of the semester will not be allowed to attend until all documentation has been received.
- A copy of Georgia registered nurse (RN) license.
- Completed accident/wellness waiver form.
- Evidence of current CPR certification.
- Criminal background check.
- Completed Department of Nursing medical form.
International21068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 916 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 916 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 230 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dahlonega
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.