The Bilingual option is designed to prepare individuals who are proficient in Spanish for enriching careers educating in a bilingual environment. During their coursework, students examine a variety of topics, including cultural diversity, philosophical perspectives on teaching and learning, and the history and politics of bilingual education. Successful completion of the Bilingual option for students with a Teaching certificate in the state of Texas allows the student to take the Bilingual Supplemental Exam. Students from outside of Texas should consult with their state's board of education to determine the requirements for their state's Bilingual certification.
Students choosing the ESL option learn effective strategies in teaching students whose native language is other than English. Students wishing to pursue this option do not need to be proficient in Spanish. Students who successfully complete the ESL option are eligible to take the English as a Second Language Supplemental (ESL) test in Texas. Students from out of state should consult with their state's board of education to determine potential certification options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and Politics in Bilingual Education
- Methods of Teaching ESL
- Teaching Science, Social Studies and Math in Spanish
- Language Development and Acquisition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies View 969 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution;
- A satisfactory score (if required) on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT),** or other evidence of ability to succeed in graduate study;
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed graduate program;
- A favorable recommendation from the Graduate Admission Committee of the college/school/department in which the student expects to pursue graduate study, with final approval by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.