The Rhetoric and Writing program at the University of Findlay is a two-year (36 credit hour) face-to-face program that can be completed sooner if you choose to enroll in summer classes. Our program offers students the flexibility to take classes full or part-time and applications to our program are accepted year-round. So, you can enroll and begin taking classes in the fall, spring, or summer.
The courses that you will take to complete 36 hours include eight core classes, two elective classes, and two thesis capstone classes that culminate in the successful defense of either a traditional print or a webtext thesis project.
The program is more affordable than most state-schools at $535 per credit hour. The total cost of tuition for MARW program is $19,260. Graduate assistantship funding is available for teaching, research, and administrative duties and all MARW students who applied for positions received them.
All MARW students applying before May 1 each year are eligible for assistantship funding to teach College Writing I or II, Introduction to Technical Writing, Introduction to Speech, or Introduction to Digital Media. MARW students can also apply to tutor students in the Graduate Writing Center.
If you are looking for a program that will help you enhance your writing skills, you have a bachelor's degree, and you meet the admissions requirements, then the Master of Arts in Rhetoric and Writing Program is a good fit for you. Our program is designed to help students excel in a variety of career paths including:
- College Writing and Communication Instruction
- Social Media Management
- Editing and Publishing
- Technical Writing
- Corporate Training
- Grant Writing
- Digital Humanities
- Public Relations
- Speech Writing
- Copy Writing
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Writing Theory and Pedagogy
- Digital Media and Composition
- Language and Writing
- Writing for Alternative Academic Careers
- Classical Rhetorical Theory
- Contemporary Rhetorical Theory
- Digital Writing Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 724 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Graduate applicants to the University of Findlay are students who have completed the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree at either a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in their home country.
- When applying for admission, please select the application that is linked to the graduate program AND entry point you wish to start classes at the University of Findlay.
- The English Test Score requirements can be waived if the student can demonstrate English proficiency.
International9720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Findlay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.