The academics focus on real-world economic issues and draw from a plurality of economic theories and take an interdisciplinary approach to ensure they prepare you to think critically, respond to policy changes and contribute to the global economy.
Courses weave a three-way linkage between alternative theories of economics and finance, data analysis, and application of theory and method to policy and strategy issues in the world of economics, business and finance.
The Economics programme at the University of Greenwich has a number of distinctive features to enable you to combine theory and real world examples to develop evidence-based answers to economic and business problems.
The aims of the programme are:
- Equip you with a sound knowledge of international economics, financial economics and business economics, improving your analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enable you to tackle problems creatively by helping you to think outside conventional boundaries
- Develop skills to seek the deeper meaning of a theory or finding in a pluralistic fashion comparing theories and their policy implications
- Equip you with methods to analyse economic issues relevant to the real world
- Enable you to respond to the increasing demand for economics graduates by developing your skills and competence in economics.
You can expect to find employment in:
- National and international business organisations;
- National and international institutions, including central banks, central and local government departments
- Financial market institutions and organisations including banks;
- Policy-making institutions, seeking economists with a sound applied economics background;
- Civil society organisations, NGOs with interest in economic policy and business issues;
- Research institutes and think-tanks
- Economics and business media.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Economics of Finance and Investment
- International Financial Markets
- Economics of International Development
- Economics of European Integration
- Applied Econometrics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 646 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- You should have an undergraduate degree in economics, industrial organisation, financial management or public policy at 2.2 or above, or equivalent qualification, from a recognised university or higher education institute.
- Graduates in business studies, mathematics/IT, social sciences, and engineering may also apply if economics or quantitative methods constitute a component of their studies.
- If you require a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK, your score must be from a UK Visas and Immigration approved IELTS test.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.