Seton Hill University’s flexible, low-residency Writing Popular Fiction program allows you to:
- Earn a master of fine arts degree while working full-time or caring for a family.
- Develop a novel-length writing project in a genre of your choice.
- Enjoy courses, workshops and one-on-one mentoring by established writers.
- Become part of an active, supportive writing community.
As a student in this program, you will learn the business of freelance writing, from establishing your brand name as genre author to finding agents and submitting to book publishers. Seton Hill's Writing Popular Fiction Program also provides training in the teaching of writing as a potential career option (graduates with an M.F.A. are equipped to teach at the postsecondary level), in addition to fostering careers in:
- Readings in the Genre
- Writers’ Residency
- Term Writing Project
- Teaching Pop Fiction and Writing
- Writing About Popular Fiction
- Capstone Writing Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 383 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Summarize your experience writing.
- Describe the nature of your intended novel-length project and identify its genre.
- What background do you have in your chosen genre?
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Official transcript(s) from any institution(s) in which postbaccalaureate or graduate course work was taken.
- Evidence of ability to do graduate work as indicated by a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Three letters of recommendation written by appropriate professionals.
- An official course evaluation report from the World Education Service (WES) for all university courses taken.
International31629 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 811 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31629 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 811 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Greensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.