The Counselor Education program of Capital University will give you the tools you need to succeed in a K-12 school.
Regardless of whether you choose a single track or the dual-program track, students in Capital University’s Counselor Education program all receive training in eight core areas:
- human growth and development,
- social and cultural diversity,
- counseling and helping relationships,
- group counseling and group work,
- career development,
- assessment and testing,
- research and program evaluation, and
- professional counseling orientation and ethical practice.
Why Study Counselor Education at Capital University?
Capital’s Counselor Education program provides you with dynamic learning opportunities, due in part to the University’s location in Columbus, the culturally diverse capital of Ohio. Focused on all aspects of counseling, we foster the knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of a counselor while promoting a strong professional identity as leaders within the counseling profession through teaching, advocacy, research and professional clinical experiences.
In addition to teaching at the University, our faculty also work as professional counselors and engage their students’ learning through the lens of their own experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods and Design
- Research and Methods of Inquiry
- Principles of Leadership Educational Change
- Teaching: Best Practices
- Learners and Learning Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 905 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- A bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory grade point average (GPA), usually a minimum of 3.0 (B);
- Evidence of compatibility of professional goals with Capital University’s Counselor Education program as demonstrated through a writing sample and admissions interview;
- Evidence of ability to successfully complete the program; and
- A signed Statement of Assurance of Good Moral Character
International20224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 632 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 632 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.