The Music Education - Instrumental program of Capital University is designed for music educators like you. In just three summers of intensive coursework and hands-on workshops, you’ll be challenged to elevate your teaching and playing technique and then bring what you learn in the summer to your classroom in the fall.
In the Instrumental Emphasis program track, you’ll encounter a blend of the latest music education theory and real-world applications. Whether in class or a workshop, you’ll learn from a distinguished faculty of respected scholars, sought-after teachers, conductors, clinicians and world-class performers. Your master’s program will culminate in a Capstone Project consisting of either Master’s Thesis or a Master’s Presentation. Along the way, you’ll develop a network of first-tier music educators — professionals to whom you can turn throughout your career for advice and guidance.
A master’s program designed to work around — and for — you.
In the Instrumental Emphasis track, you can participate in our four-day Complete Band Director Workshop and learn how to establish, administer and teach a well-balanced band program. And if you’re running your own summer band camp, you can enroll in just one of the two summer sessions and still earn your master’s degree in only three summers. This flexibility is just one of many reasons so many music educators choose Capital for their Master of Music in Music Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instrumental Conducting Semina
- Graduate Music Theory Seminar
- Graduate Music History Seminar
- Individual Instrument Studio Instruction
- Curriculum Development for Music Educators
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 1020 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit online application.
- Submit all academic transcripts, certificates, diplomas (including secondary and post-secondary).
- Submit Admission Test Scores: Students must have a TOEFL score of at least 80 iBT or an IELTS score of 6.5 To be considered for a higher scholarship award, ACT or SAT is recommended.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page
International13866 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 18 months.
National13866 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.