The International Criminal Law degree offered by St. Mary's University is also appropriate for those lawyers who choose to practice in the areas of federal law enforcement, military law or who liaise with the 17 agencies that make up the intelligence community.
Each of the three LL.M. programs at the St. Mary’s School of Law requires 24 credit hours of coursework, a portion of which can be customized to each individual’s needs. The LL.M. program can be completed in as little as nine months as a full-time student, or over the course of two years as a part-time student.
International Criminal Law LL.M. candidates are required to successfully complete 21 out of 24 credit hours from the specific criminal law courses outlined in the Courses section. Courses taken in fulfillment of J.D. requirements may not be repeated. Students have two years to complete the degree, but can complete the program in two semesters of full-time study.
- Public International Law – Required
- International Criminal Law
- Transnational Criminal Law
- International White Collar Criminal Law
- National Security Law
- Terrorism Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law View 258 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Official transcripts: Transcripts must be sent directly from all schools that an applicant has attended. “Official” means a copy of your original document certified by an officer of your school and stamped with official seals. Faxed copies and photocopies of academic records will not be accepted.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement (within 800 words)
- Two letters of recommendation: Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from law professors, employers or other persons familiar with their academic and professional qualifications. All letters must be submitted on official letterhead.
- English language requirement: LL.M. applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) prior to their admission to the LL.M. programs.
- There is no application fee, unless applying through LSAC.
International18408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1534 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1534 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Antonio
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.