The MFA Film program at California College of the Arts prepares students to create and thrive in the rapidly changing landscape of contemporary film.
- Our unique multidisciplinary culture provides the ideal conditions for exploring the themes and topics you care about from many perspectives, including artist, craftsperson, and entrepreneur.
- With the mentorship of our award-winning faculty, students strengthen conceptual capabilities, refine working methods, and expand their understanding of the moving image.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Studio
- Writing for the Moving Image
- Film Production
- Film Language and Form
- Nonfiction Studio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 218 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (international applicants only)
- Personal essay
International53250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53250 USD per year during 24 months.
National53250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53250 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.