Our two-year Visual and Critical Studies graduate program at California College of the Arts trains artists, critics, and scholars to write professionally about today’s intricate visual landscape.
- Our rigorous curriculum emphasizes interdisciplinary and cross-cultural study, historical grounding, social and political analysis, and the craft of critical writing.
- You’ll learn to investigate a broad range of media and present criticism in straightforward language, so art theory can be accessible to everyone.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategies for Visual and Critical Studies
- VCS Topics
- Identity, Difference, and Power
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 575 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (international applicants only)
- Personal essay
International31950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31950 USD per year during 24 months.
National31950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31950 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.