Candidates will more likely succeed in the classroom if they:
- Know their content
- Involve their students actively in lessons
- Show their students they care
- Assess often as they check for understanding
Candidates of the Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education (Grades 5-12) - Social Studies program at Manhattanville College are challenged to construct knowledge as they study educational writers with a particular focus on making their theoretical ideas practical. Choice and creativity in the Social Studies methods course enable students to demonstrate their knowledge and enthusiasm for the content.
Some techniques that are modeled include: songs, dialogues, visuals, documents, stations, floor maps, and debates. Students create Do Now activities, write interior monologues, engage in collaborations, write reflections, utilize SmartBoard and Blackboard technology, and use Backwards Design in lesson planning.
Students address the requirements of Common Core, EdTPA and how they impact the social studies curriculum.
- U.S. Government
- Non-Western History
- Curriculum and Methods in Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education
- Middle Childhood Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Teaching View 2001 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International38025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.