Teacher candidates enrolled in this Special Education - Childhood (Grades 1-6) program at Manhattanville College develop content and pedagogical knowledge in curriculum planning, management techniques, assessment, instructional strategies, needs of diverse learners, and using research to inform practice. In our clinically-based program, candidates complete 100 hours of fieldwork in a variety of settings prior to student teaching.
Each experience working in the field is designed to support course work and help candidates develop skills in focused learning environments. Candidates learn in classrooms with college professors, practicing teachers, and elementary students in our network of professional development schools located in the surrounding districts. Courses are offered during both the day and evening to accommodate all schedules.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Students with Learning and Behavioral Problems
- Classroom Management in Special Education
- Assessment of Students with Learning and Behavioral Problems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 4075 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International37050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.