The Interpreting Studies program of the Western Oregon University is designed for professional signed and spoken language interpreters who want to improve, teach or research.
The program offers three tracks:
- Theory and Practice Interpreting option
- Advanced Interpreting option
- Teaching Interpreting option
Where this degree can take you:
- College teaching
- Mentoring and instruction for less experienced interpreters
- Research on interpreting and interpreter education
Exemplify reflective practice in interpreting and teaching through observation, application, analysis and supervision.
Contribute to a growing body of research on interpreting and interpreter education.
Exhibit advanced competence in interpreting effectiveness and quality leadership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technology in Interpreting/ Interpreter Education
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Teaching and Technology
- Becoming a Practice Profession: The History of Interpreting and Interpreter Ed.
- Communication in Professional Practice
- Research and Writing: Translation and Interpretation
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting View 20 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
- Program Application Form: Complete the MA in Interpreting Studies program application form
- Unofficial transcripts: From all previous college coursework. This is a separate copy from the official transcripts required by the Graduate Programs office
- Evidence of Interpreting Certification and/or Experience: Evidence of certification and/or experience interpreting and/or translating
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Recommendation: Include recommendation from 3 people of your choice
- Pre-screening Assessment: After we review your program application, we will email you further instructions so you may complete this step
International23238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23238 USD per year during 18 months.
National23238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23238 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State14025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14025 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Monmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.