Illustration from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY is for self-motivated illustrators who want to further develop their personal vision and for experienced illustrators seeking to reinvigorate their careers. Studio practice in drawing, painting, and digital media—and the integration of all three—provides a platform for you to find your own voice. Through a focus on studio practice along with classes on creative writing and research, you’ll gain a broad perspective on the illustrator’s role across different media. A faculty of noted illustrators offer rigorous assignments designed to elicit high-quality, competitive work. You’ll hear distinguished guest lecturers and take advantage of FIT’s New York City location with frequent field trips to museums and galleries.
Graduates with Illustration from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- Enhance expertise in studio based skills and illustration principles that foster acumen for visual storytelling.
- Develop and/or augment a personal voice in the students’ art through the exploration of a variety of visual vocabularies to express a unique perspective.
- Encourage research, both written and visual, and foster in-depth knowledge of the history of illustration as well as contemporary trends in illustration.
- Deliver the tools to foster best practices for Business and Self Promotion.
- Cultivate the practice of professional communication and presentation skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The History of American Illustration
- Integrating Digital with Traditional Media
- Drawing for Illustration
- Exploring Media
- Narrative Art
- Sequential Storytelling
- Illustration in Motion
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 558 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Online application
- $100 Application Fee
- Official academic transcripts or course-by-course International Credential Evaluation
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- 3 Short Essays/ 1 Optional Essay
- Submit Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- GPA 3.0
International983 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 983 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National983 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 983 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State481 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 481 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.