The Aeronautics and Astronautics program from University of Washington will prepare students to conduct independent research and to pursue careers in academia, government, or industry. (See Also: MSAA Admissions)
The MSAA can be completed with a master's thesis or through a selection of additional, masters-level coursework. MSAA students who meet minimum academic criteria are eligible to continue on for a Ph.D.
Ready to Graduate
At the beginning of the quarter in which they expect to graduate, students must submit an online degree request via the MyGrad website. Degree requests are reviewed by the department and the UW Graduate School to ensure all degree requirements have been satisfied. Students will be notified of any concerns or contingencies related to their requests.
All library books must be returned and all outstanding fines/fees paid before students will be allowed to graduate.
Graduating students must provide a reliable mailing address before graduating. This is the address where you will receive important materials such as your diploma. Addresses and contact information should be updated via MyUW. Diplomas and final transcripts are typically available 10-12 weeks after the end of the quarter in which the PhD is awarded.
- Analytical: An approved sequence consisting of 3 graduate-level analytical/math courses.
- Core Coursework: A minimum of 5 graduate-level aerospace courses appropriate to their area of concentration
- Breadth Electives: 2 courses outside their area of concentration. These courses must come from two different areas
- Master's Thesis or Additional Coursework
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Astronomy & Space Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 1864 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 24 months.
National35781 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35781 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State20535 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20535 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.