The Reading Specialist program at California University of Pennsylvania is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Cal U's education programs have also been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954, and we are continuing with the successor organization, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). See CAEP reporting measures of program impact and outcomes.
Acquire specialization to advance your career.
Gain expertise in literacy instruction, assessment and reading program leadership skills.
Learn the theoretical and evidence-based foundations of reading and writing processes.
Strengthen your teaching, research and instructional best practices in real-world and clinical settings.
Develop a reading specialist portfolio and prepare for the Praxis exam.
- Cal U's Reading Specialist Program prepares you for a career in literacy and provides you with expertise in the many teaching and leadership roles of the reading specialist.
- Benefit from the flexibility of online classes.
- Work with teachers, children and school leaders in a variety of settings.
- Gain networking, professional growth and community development opportunities.
- Learn a repertoire of strategies to positively impact the literacy development of K-12 students.
- Conduct action research in local schools and participate in a one-on-one clinical reading practicum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creating and Fostering Literate Environments
- Foundations of Literacy: Theory and Instruction
- Literacy Assessment and Instruction
- Literacy Development for English Language Learners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 1088 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.00 or higher (Students with a GPA below 3.00 may apply for conditional admission)
- Copy of Teaching Certification
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.