Our Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies (NPTS) degree from Middlebury Institute of International Studies is a career-focused security studies master’s, taught on our Monterey, California, campus. By learning how to counter threats posed by terrorism, financial crimes such as money laundering, and nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, you’ll acquire specialized knowledge and skills that will distinguish you from graduates with less-focused international affairs degrees.
You’ll be prepared to work at international organizations; government agencies, including the intelligence community (IC), think tanks, and NGOs; and a range of private-sector employers, including the nearby Silicon Valley tech industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Our rigorous, professionally focused curriculum will prepare you for a career addressing national and global security concerns associated with WMD proliferation, violent extremism, and illicit financial activities.
- Our unique program involves a blend of classes, workshops, and hands-on experiences that provide students with both subject-matter expertise and training in practical skills that are in high demand by employers.
- Our interdisciplinary curriculum covers international security, science and technology, history, and regional studies, along with language studies and significant real-world opportunities to apply your learning to.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research and Internships
- Build valuable professional experience while earning your degree and be ready for a career in intelligence analysis, policy analysis, or international security research as soon as you graduate.
- You’ll benefit from two world-famous research centers based at our Monterey campus. These centers enhance your education with opportunities for graduate research assistantships, hosted talks with a variety of leading experts, and organized conferences and other events.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 105 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal scholarship statements
- $65 application fee
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One letter of recommendation (two preferred)
- Interview in person or via Skype (if needed)
- GRE or GMAT scores (not required)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required only for nonnative English speakers)
- Second language proficiency
International41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.