International Policy and Development from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies is specifically designed to give you real-world experience before you graduate, culminating in a semesterlong practicum working for an organization like the United Nations, the U.S. State Department, or a range of NGOs and private companies.
Students at International Policy and Development from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies will:
- Understand linkages among policy, programs, projects, and people (i.e., primary target groups, secondary target groups, and those affected by unintended consequences of policies).
- Understand the intertwining roles of actors from government, the private sector, and civil society in solving complex challenges.
- Understand contested development paradigms, theories, and practices.
- Understand the reasons that wicked problems exist, obstacles to their solution, and the trade-offs embedded in proposed policy responses.
- Development, Theory, and Practice
- Conflict Resolution
- Politics of Development
- Power, Social Change, and Organizations
- Development Economics
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- 12 months
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- U.S. applicants and online students are also encouraged to meet this deadline to maximize scholarship opportunities.
- Spring 2023 Admission: Application Opens on 16 May.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law International Development View 166 other Masters in International Development in United States
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal scholarship statements
- $65 application fee
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One letter of recommendation (two preferred)
- Interview in person or via Skype (if needed)
- GRE or GMAT scores (not required)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required only for nonnative English speakers)
- Second language proficiency
International44766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22383 USD per semester during 12 months.
National44766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22383 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State44766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22383 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Monterey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.