The graduate program of study that is available primarily for applicants with undergraduate degrees in Communication Science and Disorders or related fields. The degree requires 5 semesters (2 years) and includes academic coursework as well as clinical practicum requirements.
One unique feature of our program is that all our academic faculty also serve as clinical supervisors, facilitating the classroom to clinic connection. Our faculty and staff have all practiced extensively as SLPs and continue to maintain their credentials. Students have the opportunity for a minimum of three unique off-campus clinical experiences. In addition, students complete both an adult and a pediatric, off-campus, full-time practicum placement during their final spring semester (8 weeks at each site). Our graduates are fully qualified to begin practice in clinics, hospitals, schools, or skilled nursing facilities.
UM offers a program of academic excellence. With a class size limited to 25, our curriculum emphasizes critical thinking and professional competencies. All faculty and staff have open-door policies and are here to mentor you through the degree program. The curriculum does not require night or weekend courses and all faculty are full time professors at UM and are available to students on-site. No adjunct or distance instructors are utilized at the graduate level.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Normal Language Development
- Anatomy & Physiology of Speech
- Language Disorders
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders (Speech Sound Disorders)
- Aural Rehabilitation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 493 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- One official transcript from each college or university attended
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Minimum score of 290 on the GRE (850 in the old format)
- 3 recommendation forms completed by faculty members with whom you had direct interaction
- A personal interview may be required. You will notified after the application deadline to schedule an interview (either in-person or via video chat).
International881 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 881 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 412 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.