Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
The PBL approach to education requires students to draw upon their life experiences in order to solve problems or case studies that encompass a variety of culturally, linguistically and socially diverse individuals/families with communication/swallowing difficulties. Thus, the Speech-Language Pathology program of the Moravian College is designed around problem cases that allow students to work in small groups and explore and reflect on their own attitudes and perspectives, develop these perspectives through reference to academic resources, participate in team-based deliberations and critically analyze and evaluate information and issues relevant to the profession.
The Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, which houses the Speech-Language Pathology Program, focuses on interprofessional education and preparing students to become collaborative health care practitioners in a multi-disciplinary health care environment. The unique curricular structure of the program, allows students and faculty to engage across disciplines in an integrative educational environment modeled after best practices in the clinical setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication & Swallowing Disorders
- Developmental Communication & Swallowing Disorders
- Acquired Communication & Swallowing Disorders
- Complex Cases in Speech-Language Pathology
- Intensive Clinical Experience
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Machine Learning Linguistics View 477 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- A completed undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- 25 hours of observation in the discipline (must observe an ASHA certified, licensed provider)
- Submit a signed copy of the 'Professional Dispositions, Behaviors & Essential Functions (PDBEF)' document
- A grade of a C or higher in the following coursework (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education: Statistics, Biology, Physics/Chemistry, Psychology/Sociology, Clinical Linguistics (linguistic analysis/language disorders), Anatomy & Physiology of the Speech & Hearing Mechanism, Communication Development, Phonetics/Phonology, Speech & Hearing Science, Audiology
- Students who do not consider English to be their primary language are required to submit official scores of a recent IELTS or TOEFL examination
- Official Transcripts
- Personal statement/letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
International20000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 USD per year during 36 months.
National20000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bethlehem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.