Students of Orthodontics program from Jacksonville University must be prepared to undertake an intensive, continuous, full-time course of study in addition to heavy supervised clinical training in various contemporary orthodontic techniques.
The Advanced Specialty Program in Orthodontics' classes begin in July of each year with an Orientation period of two weeks. By the end of the first year it is expected that each student will have initiated comprehensive orthodontic treatment for a minimum of fifty (50) patients after completion of a pre-clinical training course.
Students are introduced to a variety of treatment philosophies, with an emphasis on pre-adjusted appliances and related techniques. Supervising clinical Faculty present their philosophies in daily diagnosis and treatment planning seminars. A variety of clinical techniques are demonstrated and utilized in the school's state-of-the-art orthodontic clinical facility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Orthodontics
- Science and Research
- Ortho Literature Review
- Eval the Orthodontic Patient
- Phil Biomech Ortho Mechan
- Biomedical Core
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 107 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Compliance with the program's policies and protocols as described in the Student's Handbook
- Successful completion of the mandatory coursework, designated assignments and final examinations
- Validation of clinical competencies through delivering evidence-based patient care for assigned patients under Faculty supervision
- Passing the Written Examination of the American Board of Orthodontics (2nd Year - Spring Semester)
- Completion of the research component of the program with successful submission of a final Thesis which will be presented to a panel including faculty and your fellow residents
- Completion of 76 credit hours.
International140000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 140000 USD per year during 24 months.
National95000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 95000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.