The Economics - Public Policy MSc programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam addresses questions on market performance and failures, and associated policies, studied from the perspective of incentives and economic behaviour of individual firms and households. It also covers macroeconomic policies directed at aggregate growth and employment.
Career prospectsOur students are actively recruited after completing the programme. Your challenge won’t be finding a job, but rather selecting the job that suits you best. A Master’s programme in Economics will prepare you to help write policy in the public sector or as an analyst in the private sector. You’ll be a valuable addition to any research or analytics team. Your skills in data analysis will make you a top consultant in any Economics-related field.
- Thesis MSc Economics - Public Policy
- Public Economics and Policy
- Economics of Environmental Policy Instrument Design
- Economics of the Welfare State
- Policy Seminars and Policy Brief
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Public Policy View 113 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to gain admission to our Master's programme, you need to have at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academics study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent.
International16830 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16830 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.