Mercer’s program offers:
- Expansive curriculum with research opportunities
- Relevant internship experience working in schools
- Preparation for Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and National Certified Counselor (NCC) licensure exams
Students must also complete the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) II Content Assessments for School Counseling for licensure by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC). The National Counselor Examination (NCE) is necessary for NCC licensure.
In 2019, program graduates achieved a 95% first-time pass rate on the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (CPCE). Mercer students have also consistently averaged scores that are above the national average for other counseling programs.
Designed for busy and working adults
The M.S. in School Counseling is offered at Mercer University’s Atlanta campus, and some required courses are also available online. Students can enroll in January, May, or August. Classes meet one night per week, and courses are scheduled in 16-week semesters. Students may pursue the degree on a part-time or full-time basis. Completion time is typically 30-36 months for a full-time student, though additional time may be necessary to satisfy field work.
The School Counseling program at Mercer University is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Cultural Perspectives in Counseling
- Life Span Development
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Counseling Seminar
- School Counseling
- Administration and Leadership in School Counseling
- Practicum in School Counseling
- Professional School Counseling Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Students can enroll in January, May, or August.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Management Studies School Counselling View 553 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- $35 Non-refundable Application Fee ($100 for International Applicants)
- MAT or GRE Test Score
- Unofficial MAT or GRE Test Score
- GACE Program Admissions Test
- Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Background Check
- Goal Statement
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
- Official Translations
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The TOEFL or IELTS is required for international applicants whose primary language is not English. The scores may not be more than two years old.
- Financial Guarantee
- Visa Status
International7980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3990 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3990 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Doraville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.