Today’s school counselors are vital members of the educational team whose role is essential to facilitate academic achievement, personal and social growth, and career development for all students. Professional school counselors are employed in elementary, middle, and high schools and in district supervisory, counselor education and post-secondary settings.
Mercer University’s Master of Science in School Counseling prepares candidates to serve the education community in this essential role. The M.S. in School Counseling program is offered at Mercer's Atlanta Campus, and students are admitted three times per year in August, January, and May.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Work in diverse populations and understand the culture of various school systems
- Interpret psychological assessments to improve educational environment for the individual
- Understand and analyze the effect of a student's educational, social or emotional problems in a school setting
- Relate academic and theoretical learning in the five areas of comprehensive development school counseling.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Perspectives in Counseling
- Life Span Development
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Counseling Seminar
- Introduction to School Counseling
- Administration and Leadership in School Counseling
- Practicum in School Counseling
- Professional School Counseling Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCounselling View 917 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.