- The Master of Music in Conducting degree at Mercer University will assist students who desire to continue their musical preparation at the doctoral level, and will help prepare performers for a professional career in music. Two semesters of residency are required.
- Master's candidates who wish to include the designation "With Emphasis in Church Music" to their degree may do so by choosing to use six elective credits in designated church music courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analytical Techniques
- Graduate Studies in Music
- Historical Study of Musical Styles and Literature
- For Choral: Vocal Pedagogy
- For Instrumental: Applied Lesson
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form with nonrefundable application fee of $100 (U.S.) payable to Mercer University. This fee must accompany the application.
- Official transcripts of all academic records sent in a sealed envelope from all college and universities attended.
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing academic, performance, and employment information). Optional: examples of involvement in liturgical, musical, or artistic activities.*
- Repertory list of major performance area.
- A writing sample, such as a term paper, thesis, course paper, etc.
- A short essay (500-1,000 words) relating your goals pertaining to this degree.
- Three letters of recommendation, each in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature across the seal. The Recommendation Form should accompany each letter of recommendation.
- Official scores from TOEFL (if applicable).
International11355 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 757 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11355 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 757 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Doraville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.