This program empowers individuals to make informed choices, to help individuals achieve positive mental health, and to maximize opportunities for economic independence.
During the program students will draw on knowledge from several fields, develop advanced expertise, conduct research and assume leadership roles. The M.S. in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program is offered at Mercer's Atlanta Campus, and students are admitted three times per year in August, January, and May.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Understand and follow the Code of Professional Ethics for Rehabilitation Counselors
- Understand the laws that affect individuals with disabilities and will be able to advocate for the rights of those individuals
- Understand the concept of choice, self-advocacy and self-determinations, and promote these concepts throughout the rehabilitation process
- Demonstrate the ability to practice counseling techniques, job placement skills, and career strategies that will assist individuals with disabilities to develop the skills and competencies they need to function effectively in society
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Group Process and Procedures
- Counseling Skills & Techniques I
- Counseling Theory
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Case Management and Consultation
- Introduction to Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical Aspects of Disability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCounselling View 919 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application for Admission
- $35 Non-refundable Application Fee ($100 for International Applicants)
- MAT or GRE Test Score
- Unofficial MAT or GRE Test Score
- Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions
- Background Check
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Current Résumé
- Goal Stateme
International5724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5724 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5724 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State5724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5724 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.