This program prepares individuals for licensure through the GA State Board of Examiners and includes an intensive internship experience for students through client interaction under supervision. The M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is offered at Mercer's Atlanta Campus, and students are admitted three times per year in August, January and May.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Mercer University is accredited until October 31, 2024 by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) under the 2009 Standards.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Work with individual and group clients on a wide range of issues
- Understand and analyze the effect of an individual's educational, vocational, social or emotional problems in society
- Interpret psychological assessments, provide vocational planning and conduct research
- Apply for licensure as a Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Cultural Perspectives in Counseling
- Lifespan Development
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Professional Seminar
- Orientation to Professional Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCounselling View 917 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- $35 Non-refundable Application Fee ($100 for International Applicants)
- MAT or GRE Test Score
- Unofficial MAT or GRE Test Score
- Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions
- Background Check
- Two Professional Letters of Recommendation
- Current Résumé
- Goal Statement
International620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.