The program endorses the notion that the most valuable design opportunities today are those promoting the preservation of our environment and a better understanding of human behavior.
Projects during the first year help enhance and expand individual industrial design methodologies, both through direct practice and discussions regarding case studies and product history. This helps to define personal value systems, working methodologies and the means of effectively engaging audiences in dialogue. The study of history and theory is also fundamental to the program and series of seminars on relevant contemporary issues encourages dialogue among students as they develop their own perspectives on design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate ID Studio I
- Graduate Communications Introduction
- Graduate Shop Orientation
- Open elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesIndustrial Design View 59 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- Application form: Submit your RISD application form, and all other credentials, through the RISD Applicant Portal. The application fee is $60.
- Academic transcripts.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- English language proficiency | All applicants who speak English as a second language, including US citizens, must submit results from any one of these three options: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo (an online English test).
International49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National49900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.