The Master of Science in Medical Science (MSMS) degree program of Morehouse School of Medicine challenges students in advanced level graduate courses, works to strengthen MCAT scores, helps develop an understanding of careers in medicine, provides diverse clinical experiences, improves communication skills through mock interviews and seminars, improves study methods, and assists in improving strategies for developing successful applications to professional health programs.
The degree is a two-year non-thesis program which includes graduate courses in Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Fundamentals of Public Health and Epidemiology. Additionally, the program includes didactic coursework in Medical Terminology, Introduction to Neurobiology, Medical Pharmacology, Medical Microbiology, Biostatistics, and Biomedical Genetics. A course in Critical Thinking and Problem Solving serves as the foundation for MCAT preparation. A service learning project acts as the capstone course in lieu of a thesis. (Maximum credit hours attainable = 53 hours).
Students who satisfactorily meet and pass all course requirements for the MSMS degree with a preferred minimum overall grade point average of 3.0, will be granted the degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Health Professions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 637 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- A 4-year baccalaureate degree or the equivalent from an accredited undergraduate institution in the U.S.
- Demonstrated commitment to medicine and service to the underserved
- Minimum total GPA of 3.0 (BCPM of 2.8) on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum MCAT exam score of 490
- An official transcript from each college or university that has been attended
- Release of all previous official MCAT scores
- Evidence of community service and interest in medicine or public health professions careers
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two from undergraduate or graduate science instructors
- Interview with the MSMS Admissions Committee
National17000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.