Teaching from Rhode Island School of Design is approved by the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a teacher preparation program and, as a result of the Interstate Compact, has reciprocity in at least 44 other states.
Graduates with Teaching from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- draw from their creative practice as artist and designers—along with their grounding in inquiry-based curriculum design—to inform, develop and implement high-quality pK–12 visual arts curricula
- provide multiple forms of evidence of performance that meet or exceed Rhode Island Professional Teaching Standards (RIPTS)
- meet or exceed the passing score on the state-mandated Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) test
- meet or exceed the passing score on the state-mandated Art Content Knowledge test
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lifespan: Human Growth and Development
- Curriculum Development for Secondary Visual Arts Learning
- Curriculum Development for Elementary Visual Arts Learning
- Lifespan: Exceptionality
- Context, Content and Practices in Art + Design Education
- Student Teaching in Elementary School
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
Enrollment is restricted to American citizens and permanent residents who hold a green card.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Teaching View 1288 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A four-year undergraduate degree (BFA or BA with studio major) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the studio coursework
- If applicant completed Master’s degree, must show evidence of meeting these same cumulative GPA requirements
- A minimum of 39 credit hours in the following domains: Literacy (12 credits), History of Art/Design (12 credits), Humanities/Sciences (9 credits) and 2 courses (6 credits) from any of the domains
- The MAT program prepares candidates to earn art teacher certification for pK–12 schools in the US, so enrollment is restricted to American citizens and permanent residents who hold a green card.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53820 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.